Welcome to the Prismatic Pull, a weekly recap of LGBTQIA comics news. Not to be confused with the Prismatic Pall, the ominous feeling that envelops a straight person before they’re set upon by the Gay Mafia.
Out Last Week
- Backstagers #2
- Hellblazer #2
- Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys #6
- ODY-C #11
- New Avengers #16
- Lumberjanes #30
- Detective Comics #941
- Results for the 3rd Annual Autostraddle Comic and Sequential Art Awards are in! Did your favorite queer-inclusive comic win?
- Oh, did you hear that Wonder Woman’s queer? Learn more about Themyscira’s worst-kept secret in the Comicosity interview between Wonder Woman writer Greg Rucka and editor Matt Santori-Griffith.
- In her weekly ComicsAlliance column, Elle Collins delineates why overt canon acknowledgement is important for Wonder Woman.
Past the Page
- Unleashed photos from the Legends of Tomorrow season two set reveal the first look at the Justice Society of America, including Dan Payne’s Obsidian.
- Added Diana Prince, a.k.a. Wonder Woman, in:
- Wonder Woman by Greg Rucka, Nicola Scott, and Liam Sharp
- Justice League by Bryan Hitch, Matthew Clark, Sean Parsons
- Trinity by Francis Manapul
- Removed Dr. Harleen Quinzel, a.k.a. Harley Quinn, in Harley Quinn and Her Gang of Harleys by Justin Palmiotti, Frank Tieri, and Mauricet.
This Week in Comics
Insexts #8, Goldie Vance #6, Goldie Vance vol. 1, Woods #26, DC Comics Bombshells #18, Harley Quinn #5, Midnighter and Apollo #1, The Wicked + The Divine vol. 4, Oh Joy Sex Toy vol. 1, Oh Joy Sex Toy vol. 2, Vote Loki TPB.
Have tips for upcoming installations of the Prismatic Pull? Tweet me @HonestlyJon or email me at jonerikchristianson[at]gmail[dot]com.