Welcome to the Prismatic Pull, a weekly recap of LGBTQIA comics news. Not to be confused with the Prismatic Paul. He really hates getting our mail.
Happy bisexual visibility week! Bi/pan folk, we see you now. No more sneaking cookies from the cookie jar, at least for the next few days.
Out Last Week
- Merry Men #3
- Lumberjanes/Gotham Academy #4
- DC Comics Bombshells #17
- Detective Comics #940
- Harley Quinn vol. 4
- Harley Quinn vol. 5 HC
- Limerence Press, the sex-positive imprint from Oni Press, announced three projects that are either queer-inclusive, by queer creators, or both!
- The Queer Health Field Guide by Mady G and Jude Vigants — an “educational comic appropriate for both teens and adults that covers subjects such as dating, sexuality, gender, and coming out.”
- Oh Joy Sex Toy: The Coloring Book by Erika Moen — a, you guessed, coloring book inspired by Moen’s hit educational webcomic.
- The Glass Mountain Coloring Book by Trungles — an erotic adults coloring book based loosely on the Polish fairy tale.
- Mariko Tamaki, co-creator behind the critically-acclaimed This One Summer and Skim, has entered the superhero foray as the announced writer behind Marvel’s Hulk and DC’s Supergirl: Being Super miniseries.
- With issue #28, the Lumberjanes have gained a new member: non-binary camper Barney. Autostaddle’s Mey Rude praises the creative decision in her most recent Drawn to Comics.
- Vincent, founder of Mx. & Co, an online publication supporting creative works from non-binary trans folk, interviewed a batch of non-binary contributors from Paige Hall’s Fat Mermaid Zine.
- Removed Miguel José Barragan, a.k.a. Bunker, in Teen Titans by Tony Bedard and Ian Churchill
This Week in Comics
Constantine: The Hellblazer vol. 2, Harley Quinn #4, Ringside #7, The Wicked + The Divine: 1831 #1, Vote Loki #4.
Have tips for upcoming installations of the Prismatic Pull? Tweet me @HonestlyJon or email me at jonerikchristianson[at]gmail[dot]com.